All problems © Copyright 1995,1996 Stan Wagon. Reproduced with permission.
- Problem 800: The Glove Shortage
- Problem 799: Is There a Harmonic Integer?
- Problem 798: Overlapping Nickels
- Problem 797: Weird Dice
- Problem 796: Gold in ratios
- Problem 795: The Hub-Choice is Yours
- Problem 794: Straighten these Curves [Bicycle #9]
- Problem 793: Superprimes
- Problem 792: Colorful Crossings Allowed
- Problem 791: (Folding in Thirds)
- Problem 790: A Really Big Number
- Problem 789: Alice and Bob Hit the Kitchen
- Problem 788: Irregular Regularity
- Problem 787: A Veritable Babel
- Problem 786: Guess My Numbers
- Problem 785: Not Rubik's Cube
- Problem 784: A Question of Imbalance [Bicycle #178]
Problems marked [Bicycle #n] appear in the book Which Way Did the Bicycle Go?, a collection of the best 191 Macalester Problems of the Week from 1968 to 1995.
Please don't ask us for answers! Solutions for almost every problem are posted to the mailing list, but at Professor Wagon's request we do not reproduce them here. (Any solutions you see here are my own.) If you can't sleep without knowing the answer to one of these problems, please contact Professor Wagon at firstname.lastname@example.org.